Frequently Asked Questions
What is AwiPay?
transfer funds to one another.
What are the benefits of AwiPay Services?
How do I sign up for an AwiPay account?
Signing up for AwiPay is free and easy. You can opt to sign up in any of the following methods:
- Download the AwiPay app from the Google Play or iOS app store.
- Fill out the registration form through the register option within the app.
What information is required to sign up?
Can I get a new mobile verification code if I did not receive the message?
What is an OTP?
Is AwiPay safe and secure?
Will I be informed when my AwiPay gets credited or debited?
What if I lose my mobile phone?
What if my registered email ID is hacked?
Who is liable for any misuse of my AwiPay account if I lose my Password?
I forgot my AwiPay password. Now what?
– Enter your phone number iwithin the field
– Click the forgot password
– You will receive a verification code on your registered mobile number.
– Enter the verification code your received via SMS text within the OTP field
– Enter your new password
If you want to change the password again. Go to the settings option on the profile page
—- select change password —- choose a new password
What phones work with AwiPay?
If a transaction done through AwiPay is not successful. Is my funds refunded?
Can I transfer funds to a phone number outside the country?
What if I don't have enough funds in my account for a transaction I want to make?
How do I load funds to my AwiPay account?
1. Checking or savings account or bank issued debit card
3. Credit card
4. Peer-to-Peer funds exchange
5. Direct Deposit (Payroll)
How do I send funds?
*You can send funds to any phone number in Jamaica regardless of the beneficiary being
a registered AwiPay user
Can you send Funds to a person not registered with AwiPay?
Can I cancel a send funds transaction with AwiPay?
Can I cancel a send funds transaction if the beneficiary is not registered with AwiPay?
How do I know when funds has been received by the beneficiary?
Can I perform Airtime top up, DTH etc.?
Can I pay any postpaid mobile bills through AwiPay Services?
How will I know whether my recharge or bill payment transaction has been successful?
• Immediate Success or a Failure response on your screen
• Receipt to your email and SMS on your mobile on your recent transaction
• SMS text message from your mobile operator
My recharge was successful, but I have not yet received my recharge
When I was doing a recharge on the mobile app, I got a response that my recharge was unsuccessful. What does this mean?
• Operator server is temporarily unavailable.
• The entered amount was not accepted by your mobile operator as a valid recharge value.
• Sometimes it so happens that we are unable to connect to the mobile operator
server due to a temporary network problem.
We suggest that you try again after a while. If the problem persists, please contact us through the Customer Support tab within the AwiPay mobile App or call our Customer Support team 876-948-7912 by tapping on the call tab in the mobile app.
I do not have a credit card. How can I make a payment on AwiPay?
• You can use funds already loaded on your Payment Method Account, which can be deducted from your AwiPay balance.
*We recommend you load funds into your Payment Method Account for a simpler, safer and faster transaction on AwiPay
How do I pay for my recharge on AwiPay?
• Use of funds already loaded on your Payment Method Account that can be deducted from your AwiPay balance.
• Bank issued debit cards, checking or savings account Credit cards that can be deducted from your AwiPay balance.
Are there any fees associated with transactions completed on AwiPay?
How do I initiate a refund?
*No refund will be made in case of service fulfilment.
How long does it take to get a refund?
I entered a wrong number. How can I get my funds back?
considered successful for the number you entered. We regret to inform you that there
isn’t a way to get your funds back
Can I book bus or flight tickets with this App?
we go live.